||RMU Technology Notice: 2-Step Verification Soon to be Required
| Date Sent
|| Tuesday, June 17, 2014
| Time Sent
| Sent By
| Message Content
2-Step Verification Soon to be Required
As part of a continued effort by the RMU Information Technology department to keep faculty, staff, and student accounts and data secure, RMU Google accounts will soon be required to be enrolled in 2-Step Verification. 2-Step Verification is an enhancement that drastically improves security on your account.
The RMU IT department will be holding enrollment sessions on 2-Step Verification at the Google Knowledge Bar, RoMo's Cafe, Wednesdays from 10:30am - 1:30pm throughout the summer.
Available ways to enroll are:
Please note that 2-Step Verification requires you to enter a code (similar to a PIN) after you enter your usual username and password to sign-in. There are several ways that you can choose to receive this code:
- One-on-one enrollment session at the Google Knowledge Bar with an IT Representative CLICK TO RSVP .
- Call the Help Desk to help you enroll at X2211
- Enroll on your own. Visit: RMU's 2-Step Webpage
Allow approximately 15 minutes for enrollment. We recommend that you have your mobile devices with you during enrollment.
If you have questions, please contact the Help Desk at X2211 or email@example.com.
- Text message
- Free app for your mobile phone and tablet
- Voice call (office phone, mobile or other phone of your choice)
- Printed codes