|| RMU Technology Notice: Enroll Today In Google's 2-Step Verification
| Date Sent
|| Tuesday, July 22, 2014
| Time Sent
|| 6:22 AM
| Sent By
| Message Content
Enroll Today In Google's 2-Step Verification
2-Step Verification is a Google feature that helps protect your account from threats like password compromise and identity theft. RMU is implementing this feature to help secure student and other RMU confidential data. It will also protect you from having your account hacked.
The RMU IT department is holding enrollment sessions on 2-Step Verification at the Google Knowledge Bar, RoMo's Cafe, Wednesdays from 10:30am - 1:30pm through August 13, 2014.
Available ways to enroll are:
- One-on-one enrollment session at the Google Knowledge Bar with an IT Representative CLICK TO RSVP .
- Call the Help Desk to help you enroll at X2211
- Enroll on your own. Visit: RMU's 2-Step Webpage
Please note that 2-Step Verification requires you to enter a code (similar to a PIN) after you enter your usual username and password to sign-in. There are several ways that you can choose to receive this code:
Allow approximately 15 minutes for enrollment. We recommend that you have your mobile devices with you during enrollment.
If you have questions, please contact the Help Desk at X2211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Text message
- Free app for your mobile phone and tablet
- Voice call (office phone, mobile or other phone of your choice)
- Printed codes